Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lunch: Duck Rillette Sandwich


I was hankering for some pâté the other night, and ended up getting some duck rillette from Dickson's Farmstand in Chelsea Market. Not quite what I was looking for, but still delicious. What better overindulgent way to use the rest of the rillette than to make sandwiches? Particularly on some nice, sliced French boule with some prosciutto di Parma, arugula, grain mustard, and thin carrot slices. Seriously, has to be one of the top 5 sandwiches of my life. It was meaty and crispy with a good balance of acid from the mustard and sweet from the carrot.

1 comment:

  1. I would have liked to see the rillette (like a coarse pate for those who don't want to look it up). All I can see is the prosciutto! But man, om nom nom.

    ReplyDelete