Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Grilled Rib-Eye



I love steak, but since my stove is, oh maybe 15 feet from my bedroom and I don't have a range hood or any real ventilation system for my "kitchen," I don't make it at home that much. This weekend was special. I was able to use a real, four burner grill, so I went all out. The steak was grass-fed, bone-in rib-eye, cut about two inches thick. I usually like dry aged, but there wasn't any available this time.


For those that don't know, grass-fed is the way to go for heath and the environment. Here are a couple links for some basic information:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/grass-fed-beef/AN02053
http://www.eatwild.com/



HOW TO:

Let the steak sit at room temperature for an hour or so. It's important to have the meat not be right-out-of-the-fridge cold. Preheat the grill (or pan, or grill pan) on high. Rub both sides with a gently crushed garlic clove and softened butter, and heavily salt and pepper. Throw those bad boys on the grill. Cook for 6-8 minutes a side, and either close the grill or put into a 425ºF oven for another 6-8 minutes for medium-rare. The times are extremely variable though, so use the touch test to determine how done the steak is. Serve with amazing red wine. I have an example below.




No comments:

Post a Comment