Monday, April 9, 2012

Lobster and Scallop Ceviche




The Union Square Greenmarket on Saturday morning is one of the few reasons I will get out of bed before 10AM on the weekends. One of my first stops is always PE & DD Seafood. They have a great selection of really fresh fish that usually sells out by 2PM. I was in the mood for some ceviche and was originally planning to make a fish version, but nothing at the stand was calling my name. Their scallops are always a safe (and delicious) bet, except scallop ceviche just sounded boring, so I picked up a lobster as well. I've never made ceviche before, but I figured if people can sell it out of unrefrigerated carts in Central America I can definitely manage to put something together. The "How To" for this is pretty simple: just marinate the scallop and lobster together with cilantro, onion, tomato, avocado, Serrano peppers, lime and orange juice, salt, pepper, and a little olive oil. Two hours and some home baked tortilla chips later...ceviche!




No comments:

Post a Comment