Sunday, June 17, 2012

Roasted Black Sea Bass and Homegrown Broccoli Greens with Pancetta

My boyfriend and I have a little farm plot down in Battery Park, and the greens of the broccoli we chose to plant are edible and tender. Since this is the first time I've ever made or eaten broccoli greens, I figured I'd sauté them with garlic and pancetta to make sure they'd be extra tasty. Surprise surprise (not really), they were good. Not bitter with a texture similar to kale, they were a great vegetable side to the main course: black sea bass. 


I bought the sea bass from that great fishmonger at the Union Square Greenmarket, P.E. & D.D., seasoned them everywhere with salt and pepper, stuffed them with sliced organic lemons and rosemary that I also picked up the greenmarket, and finished them with some olive oil before putting them in a 425ºF oven for 17 minutes. It's a simple and really tasty way of making individual fishies.


No comments:

Post a Comment