Friday, June 21, 2013

Pan Roasted Baby Artichokes


Baby artichokes were on sale, so I figured I'd give them a shot. Ever since The New York Times ran this article, I've been trying to eat more unusual vegetables more often. Artichokes are actually fun and pretty tasty to eat, but I have a problem figuring out how many of the outer leaves I should remove. In this case, I didn't remove enough so some pieces were a little tough. Oh well, you cook and you learn.


HOW TO:

Wash the artichokes. Remove as many layers of tough exterior leaves as necessary. Trim the top and stem off. Quarter and let the pieces soak in a mix of lemon juice and water. Mince garlic and parsley separately, and set aside. When ready, dry the artichoke pieces and place cut side down in a large pan preheated with olive oil. Let brown before turning the pieces. Toss in the minced garlic and season well with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, and garnish with parsley and lemon juice.



No comments:

Post a Comment